- Eliminate big plays for Carson and the Cardinals. They possess explosive Wide Receivers and use their RB in the passing game.
- Minimize the loss of Justin Durant. No missed tackles. Cover the flat, cautious of wheel route. Don’t bite on play fakes/action.
- WR/TE must win one on one matchups and catch what Weeden throws. No dropped passes. Be more physical than they are.
- Protect the ball. The Cowboys only losses have came in games where they have turned the ball over three times. The cardinals are to good for us to waste possessions or give the ball away.
- Avoid long third downs. Cowboys are facing a team that loves to blitz. Limit their chances by staying ahead of the chains. If you gamble on first down, make sure it is a safe one. Don’t get pretty with play calls. Put your QB in good position to convert.